- When you are willing to humble yourself in fasting and prayer God releases a special kind of grace to such an extent that He set aside His own verdict. 1 Kings 21:27-29 Ahab and the whole nation of Israel set aside a day of fasting and prayer and the Lord said to Elijah “Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me?
WOW! The Lord takes note every time we are willing to humble ourselves in fasting and prayer.
- Which brings me to the second result of fasting: “Miraculous Provision” Joel 2:12 “…return to me with all your heart, with fasting…”
If you make a sound decision that you will humble yourself, your whole being before the Lord. He will not only notice it, He will bring about a change regardless of the season or the circumstance! He will miraculously intervene on your behalf.
- Brings about “Supernatural Protection” – Ezra 8:21-23
During a time when robbers were a very strong challenge – Ezra fasted and prayed for a safe journey and protection.
- “Special Grace” for victory – Judges 20:26
The moment that the Lord saw the heart of Israel as they came before Him with broken hearts in fasting and prayer the Lord gave the Victory!
If you have strongholds in your life, strongholds of habitual sin or emotional scar’s that is really a stronghold – Fast for a special gift of Victory!
- Fasting can unlock the door to your calling.
Jesus fasted before He started His ministry. In Acts the disciples fasted for the main purpose to know whom to anoint.
If you have a desire to minister or if you feel the nudge in your heart to do something for the Lord, seek Him in fasting and prayer and He will anoint you for your ministry.
I would definitely describe fasting as – decluttering! You know that – Springclean – moment when you start and throw out everything that is broken or too old to use… cleaning, scrubbing… disinfecting. That is my experience. Fasting declutters your Body, your Soul and your Spirit
“Hold yourself responsible for a Higher Standard than anybody else expects of you!”
Jentezen Franklin said:
“Fasting is a constant means of renewing yourself spiritually”